As a successful individual, you understand the effort involved in creating and maintaining personal wealth. Yet, you may not realize how quickly estate taxes could sweep half of this wealth away. Your assets can only go to three places: your family, a charity or other designated beneficiaries, or the Internal Revenue Service.
Our specialized assessment methods and techniques help you to:
- Design and document a plan to ensure proper timing and amount of distributions to your chosen beneficiaries.
- Provide sufficient income for a spouse or other dependents; take maximum advantage of annual and lifetime gift exclusions; establish gifting programs to transfer assets and provide financial security for children or grandchildren; establish charitable foundations.
- Maximize your ability to give to charity while reducing taxes and potentially increasing current income.
- Equalize distributions of estate and business interests between children working in the family business and those not active in the company; reduce or eliminate estate taxes.
- Properly fund any remaining tax liability through the most efficient and cost-effective methods.